Quantcast
Tuesday, December 16th, 2003

Color Me Impressed

Paul Westerberg offered some choice words to Rolling Stone about Ryan Adams, who has been copping some ‘Mats vibe in his recent work:

“I see his fuckin’ haircut, I hear his fuckin’ whine, I see his fake clothes, and then he opens his fuckin’ mouth and all I want to do is smash the fucker’s teeth down his throat.”

Ouch. That’s harsh.

My finger is sore from clicking all the applicable checkboxes on this quiz – Music Nerd Test. I’m shocked and dismayed that I only scored 62.31884% (Mega Music Nerd)…

The Online NES Emulator. This certainly takes me back – not least of all because I sucked at these games when I was 12 and still suck at them now. I wonder if Up-Down-Up-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right-B-A-Start will still work on the Konami games? The thing runs in a Java applet so I don’t think it’ll work for Mac people… Mac folks can’t play games – now there’s a shocking turn of events.

Because I feel like a list – my current top five fixations:

1) Luna – Sometimes I remember just why Dean Wareham and Sean Eden are my favorite guitarists ever.

2) Jeff Smith’s Bone – I am discovering this series just as it ends its run. One of the most enjoyable comic book reads I’ve found in ages.

3) Six Feet Under – um, so when is season two out on DVD?

4) Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic – now THIS is what Star Wars should be. I’d rather play this than watch the new movies. Damn you, George Lucas.

5) Phase shifter guitar pedals – swooooooosh

Not eliciting love is Don DeLillo’s Cosmopolis. Barely halfway through its 200 pages and I’m already bored to tears. I rarely abandon a book before its done but I’ve got a small stack of other stuff I’d rather be reading.

np – Britta Phillips & Dean Wareham / L’Avventura

By : Frank Yang at 10:07 am
Category: Uncategorized
Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.
RSS Feed for this postNo Responses.
  1. graig says:

I’m:

46.8599% – Super Music Nerd

Which is actually more than I was expecting.

I’m reading MASH (the novel that the Movie and TV show were based off of). I’m 1/4 through and it’s really poorly written. I’ve never seen the movie and I never liked the TV show, I was hoping that the novel would give me a different perspective… but nope. I’m not sure I’ll make it through this one.

I also had to give up on Oryx and Crake by Atwood. THAT was dull.

2. Five Seventeen says:

56.76329% – Mega Music Nerd

I’m not suprised…

3. Five Seventeen says:

oh yeah,

They completely neglected the questions on buying CDs based on reviews or packaging.

4. Paul says:

73.91304% – Extreme Music Nerd

Actually, I was surprised by getting a score this low.

5. Gary Campbell says:

52.89855% … Apparently I’m not so much of a music nerd after all.

I agree with Five — i would have liked to see more questions on artwork, and maybe even a few on the size of one’s MP3 collection and whether you’ve ever bought a larger hard drive for the sole purpose of storing MP3s… I mean, not that *I’ve* ever done that. ;)

6. Robert says:

Man, that NES emulator is a great idea but it runs so horribly. The sound is all messed up and half the time the buttons don’t work.

7. Jason says:

Paul W. and I have always been on the same wave-length, even now.

8. Kate says:

73.6715% – Extreme Music Nerd — Paul, we were made for each other. I think you beat me b/c I never made a web site for a band.

9. Frank says:

hey you two, get a room!

10. Sabo says:

Apparently, Ryan Adams had a freak-out session at his most recent performance in Minneapolis — Paul Westerberg’s home town. <a href="http://…/ it</a>.

11. Sabo says:

Sorry, the link is: http://…/

12. Mr. Grieves says:

f2, I couldn’t make it through that survey.

And …one of the questions referenced "Jerry Garcia’s missing finger" … was he really missing a finger (not that anyone reading this would know anything about the Grateful Dead, ahem), or were the survey-makers really thinking of Tony Iommi, who is missing part of a finger on his fretting hand?

And … provided I had the patience to complete the survey, would I receive extra credit for questioning the veracity of the questions?

13. N Amsler says:

Season 2 will be out in Canada in June next year. I was lucky enough to get my handds on an advanced copy from HBO and no, I had to give it back.

14. N Amsler says:

Season 2 will be out in Canada in June ’04. I was lucky enough to get my hands on an advanced copy from HBO, and no, I had to give it back.