Tuesday, December 16th, 2003
Color Me Impressed
“I see his fuckin’ haircut, I hear his fuckin’ whine, I see his fake clothes, and then he opens his fuckin’ mouth and all I want to do is smash the fucker’s teeth down his throat.”
Ouch. That’s harsh.
My finger is sore from clicking all the applicable checkboxes on this quiz – Music Nerd Test. I’m shocked and dismayed that I only scored 62.31884% (Mega Music Nerd)…
The Online NES Emulator. This certainly takes me back – not least of all because I sucked at these games when I was 12 and still suck at them now. I wonder if Up-Down-Up-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right-B-A-Start will still work on the Konami games? The thing runs in a Java applet so I don’t think it’ll work for Mac people… Mac folks can’t play games – now there’s a shocking turn of events.
Because I feel like a list – my current top five fixations:
1) Luna – Sometimes I remember just why Dean Wareham and Sean Eden are my favorite guitarists ever.
2) Jeff Smith’s Bone – I am discovering this series just as it ends its run. One of the most enjoyable comic book reads I’ve found in ages.
3) Six Feet Under – um, so when is season two out on DVD?
4) Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic – now THIS is what Star Wars should be. I’d rather play this than watch the new movies. Damn you, George Lucas.
5) Phase shifter guitar pedals – swooooooosh
Not eliciting love is Don DeLillo’s Cosmopolis. Barely halfway through its 200 pages and I’m already bored to tears. I rarely abandon a book before its done but I’ve got a small stack of other stuff I’d rather be reading.
np – Britta Phillips & Dean Wareham / L’Avventura