Saturday, April 17th, 2010
Troubles Will Be Gone
The Tallest Man On Earth to play Record Store Day in-store at Criminal Records
1) He is not, in fact, the tallest man on earth. Not even close.
2) It’s okay to reference Dylan when describing both his singing and his songwriting; he basically gives permission midway through “King Of Spain” when sings, “And I wear my boots of Spanish leather”. Even if he’s actually talking about his footwear.
3) His second album The Wild Hunt came out earlier this week and Pitchfork gave it their “Best New Music” accolade.
4) Even before it got the ‘Fork seal of approval, the Toronto stop of his North American tour, taking place tonight at the El Mocambo, was sold right out. That said, approximately 30 tickets will still be available at the door when they open at 9. How are there still tickets for a show that’s sold out? Don’t ask how, just go.
5) If you didn’t get tickets, don’t expect to be one of those first 30 people, fear just one show won’t be enough or just think it’d be great to see him in an even more intimate environment and happen to be reading this on Saturday afternoon, know this – he will be doing his bit to celebrate Record Store Day performing a short in-store at Criminal Records (493 Queen Street West just west of Spadina) today at 7PM. That’s in three and a half hours, so drop what you’re doing – unless it’s breakable – and get down there.
Tags: Tallest Man On Earth