Monday, February 10th, 2003
Situation : Relation
1) A copy of Long Knives Drawn
2) A limited edition copy of the first Rainer Maria EP, New York 1955 (I have number 502, for the record)
3) A 7″ of the latest RM single, “Hell and High Water”. I understand why vinyl is the ultimate music geek fetish object. I really need a record player. And somewhere to put it.
4) A 14-track Polyvinyl sampler CD
5) A little Rainer Maria pin
6) A Rainer Maria sticker
7) A piece of Airheads candy
8) A Spongebob Squarepants valentine! Addressed to me, personally! It doesn’t get any better than that, let me tell you.
No band practice tonight as 517 is seeing his girlfriend in The Vagina Monologues and Brad got tickets to see The Pretenders – the perks of a wife who works at Chart. They know people who know people. Anyway, it means that I don’t have to rush from rehearsal to Lee’s Palace to catch Longwave at 9:45. AND I don’t have to eat Harvey’s for dinner! Huzzah. Plus, the less time I have to spend outside tonight, the better. That is a cruel, cruel wind out there.
np – Rainer Maria / Long Knives Drawn