Sunday, February 16th, 2003
Sign, Sign, Everywhere A Sign
Found this on a bulletin board – suggested anti-war protest sign slogans. Some of these I saw yesterday, others I wish I did:
– Drunken frat boy drives country into ditch.
– Bush/Cheney: Malice in Blunderland
– War begins with ‘Dubya’.
– Bush is proof that empty warheads can be dangerous.
– Let’s bomb Texas, they have oil too.
– How did our oil get under their sand?
– If you can’t pronounce it, don’t bomb it.
– Daddy, can I start the war now?
– Preemptive impeachment.
– Look, I’ll pay more for gas!
– He is a moron and a bully.
– It’s the stupid economy.
– Draft dodgers shouldn’t start wars.
– War is sweet to those who haven’t tasted it Erasmus).
– Different Bush, same @#%$.
– Stop the Bushit.
– Just war/just oil.
– You don’t have to like Bush to love America.
– Bush-Cheney-Rumsfeld: the asses of evil.
– Stop the excess of evil [gives figures for the multibillion dollar defense budget].
– $1 billion a day to kill people — what a bargain.
– Consume -> Consume -> Bomb -> Bomb -> Consume -> Consume
– Smush Bush.
– America, get out of the Bushes.
– Don’t make me come back here [to a peace rally] again.
– Disarm Bush too.
– An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind (Gandhi).
– Mainstream white guys for peace. (Sign held by three mainstream-looking white guys)
– Let Exxon send their own troops.
– There’s a terrorist behind every Bush.
– SUV owners roll over for terrorism.
– We can’t afford to rule the world.
– War is so 20th century!
– 9-11-01: 15 Saudis, 0 Iraqis.
– While you were watching the war, Bush was raping America.
– Don’t waive your rights while waving your flag.
– Leave Desert Storm to the desert.
– Drop Bush not bombs.
– Sacrifice our SUVs, not our children.
– Bush is to Christianity as Osama is to Islam.
– I asked for universal health care and all I got was this lousy stealth bomber.
– 2 sided poster, one side has a picture of a chubby feline, with the words: GOOD FAT CAT other side has a picture of Cheney, with the words: BAD FAT CAT
– Colorfully dressed drag queen carrying a sign that says: I am the bomb.
– Picture of the peace symbol: back by popular demand.
– A picture of Bush with a red-stained upper lip: Got blood?
– A picture of Bush saying “Why should I care what the American people think? They didn’t vote for me.”
– A picture of Bush saying “Ask me about my lobotomy.”
– Beneath a picture of a menacing soldier pointing his rifle/bayonet toward the viewer: Say it! One Nation under God. Say it!
And some fine satire :