Quantcast
Sunday, December 15th, 2002

Night Falls On Hoboken

I am never going to get to see Adaptation. Made it as far as the theatre lobby today, with Kyle and Joe in tow – they’d come down to do some Christmas shopping and see the film – but the film was already about 98% sold out and the remaining 2% would have been right up at the front. I saw The Green Mile from the front row and all I really remember was staring up at Tom Hanks’ big jowelly face. I don’t need that from two Nicholas Cage’s. Maybe next week…

Spirited Away is now playing at the Bloor. I may go on Tuesday since there’s no early sneak preview screening of The Two Towers as there was last year for Fellowship. If I want to see it, it’ll have to be at 12:01 AM, and that’s not happening. Maybe I’ll duck out of work a little early on Wednesday and catch a matinee.

I got my dad a copy of Casablanca on DVD, so I’m almost done my Christmas shopping. And wouldn’t you know it, as soon as the mug exchange at work is over, I can’t walk into a store without finding interesting mugs. Go figure.

Music links – A full show from Loose Fur available for download here and a selection of live Yo La Tengo tracks can be gotten here.

np – Yo La Tengo / And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside Out

By : Frank Yang at 7:00 pm
Category: Uncategorized
Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.
RSS Feed for this postNo Responses.
  1. Kate says:

    Matinees are the only way to go. Then even your coat gets a chair.